Some skills that I learned or further developed in the Army are:
1) Ability to learn on the job
2) Ability to work individually or as a member of a team
3) Military work ethic (Never Quit!)
4) Strong attention to fine detail
5) Idea of working until the job is complete
6) “Lead by example” management style
The coolest experience I ever had in the military was my two week training mission exercise with the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) and living in the Isrotel Tower in Tel Aviv on the beachfront. The day we were leaving our battalion commander surprised us all and took us to Jerusalem for the day and touring King Herod’s house, the town of Jerusalem and touching the Western Wall!